Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring is coming...

Ok, this is what's going on.

Today, I am conflicted. U2 is playing a private "invitation only" concert in Boston and I am not there. Obviously someone forgot to put my name on the VIP list. There were no tickets on sale. The venue was kept completely secret until all promotional tickets were distributed by the local radio stations. BONO will be soooo close to me. And I am not there :-(

Needless to say, I needed to take a moment to pause and reflect and thought I'd also share this with you.

It was awesome weather last weekend. On Saturday, we took a walk on the beach.


















On Sunday, we took a walk through the park.


















On Monday, it snowed.


















Tuesday was a blur...but I do remember that the snow started to melt.


















And today, it's raining.


















A curious thing happened though. I was driving home and I started noticing the beauty of the raindrops on the tree branches. Suspending there, momentarily, not wanting to let go and hit the ground but also not wanting to remain above ground level. I was mesmerized. I jumped out of the car with camera in hand.

My husband kept looking at me strange saying "I don't know what you are taking a picture of". I was too involved to be explaining right away because I may miss the shot of that very moment which will never be repeated as long as I live.

A car rolled up and beeped (because I was blocking traffic). To my defense, it's a very wide private road. Any smart driver approaching a car that is not moving can assume the car is not moving and veer around it.

I returned to the car when I was done and exclaimed "Spring is coming". With furrowed eyebrow, he glanced over at me. I said "there are buds on the end of the branches". He says, "I know, I've seen it for weeks as I walk by everyday". Well hot damn, thanks for telling me.

In any event, I finally parked the car. Still in my own world, I came out with camera in hand. My husband looked at me stooping beside the bushes and whispered "Paparazzi" as I took my last photo. I couldn't help but laugh at myself.

11 comments:

Operaton You said...

Isn't capturing the essence of life far more better than thinking about how badly the economy is suffering? I really dig those photos. By the way, we are those raindrops; we just need to let go and allow ourselves to be absorbed into the beauty and cycle of life!

Kelly Sauer said...

strange how little we see when we're "seeing" all the time, isn't it? glad you caught those buds. Thanks for your comments on my blog!

christina said...

These pictures are love! I can't help but love 2 and 3. Ahh... nothing like the hub along for the ride, when we get bit by the shutter bug.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one confusing people with my camera. Your photos are lovely and totally worth any strange looks or comments!

Anonymous said...

Oh you had me laughing.....that is so my life, but now my family says, "hey, you might want to get a picture of that."

robin laws said...

hello se'lah! thank you so much for visiting me yesterday and commenting :) this post expressed such a passion and joy for taking pictures and for the world you live in! i love your daring and energy!!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

The last photo in this series is definitely my favorite. So glad that you stopped the car to take it. Sometimes, there are moments or pictures in life that really are worth stopping for, aren't there?

Oh, and I have to think that Bono will be missing you during his private concert. Shouldn't he have you on speed dial so to avoid situations like this going forward? :)

-Francesca

Operaton You said...

These photos warrant a second comment.. I love the crispness of these photos.. They are so beautiful.

Cam said...

Photography is one powerful medium... you capture the essence of 'spring is coming' in these pictures. I love it!!!

Relyn Lawson said...

I love how you describe your blog as a sort of modern version of a Virginia Wolf's Room of One's Own. I just wanted to thank you for following Stefani over to my blog, and for your kind comment. Happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

and you wonder where she (cfg) gets it from....