Sunday, June 7, 2009

a festival at Necessary Room

I'm so excited and honoured to be here at Necessary Room. I've really enjoyed reading Se'Lah's blog over the last few months, since our blogs' paths crossed at Sunnydaytodaymama, and I truly appreciate the wonderful friendship I've found here. I'm inspired by Se'Lah's love of life, her positive energy and her joyful spirit. So I thought it would be nice to have a festival while we're here in celebration of Inspirational Monday.

Sunnyboy is going to show us around before he heads off back to the bouncy castle,


so have a sit down and an alternative brew.


There are some interesting science activities in the children's tent,


and the Interknit is here.


There are pink fairies,


and a silver Sonic Manipulator.




Someone is speaking on a banana telephone. Sunnyboy doesn't know why this is funny. Why not use a banana as a telephone?




Sunnyboy likes to 'play chess' but probably needs a bit more practice before accepting this challenge,


and here are some other signs from around the festival that we'd like to show you.

No littering,


fly free as a bird,




peace.


We hope you enjoyed the festival. Thank you Se'Lah for inviting us here to your lovely blog. We had a great time.

Sunnymama and Sunnyboy


*Operation You is the home of Inspirational Monday. You can get more inspiration there and are invited to stop by and post your links of inspiration.

12 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

OMG!!!! I am absolutely thrilled to have sunnymama and sunnyboy visit me here.

Love the festival photos.
So loving the Herbal Snuff Bar/alternative beverage booth, the banana phone (still laughing), the bird poem: the free bird leaps on the back of the wind...what a great visual...and peace is what we are all about here in my Necessary Room.

I can't thank you enough for this special visit. I so treasure our friendship.

One Love. Peace.

Happy Inspirational Monday.

Mariamellie said...

Such a fun festival! so alive! =) Thanks for visiting me last week via Today's Flowers!

Martha said...

This is awesome!!! I kove it! :-)

Operaton You said...

Wow! What a great festival! I really like the pink fairie and the person using the banana phone! Hey, I agree Sunnyboy, it's a perfect fit to the ear... Thanks for taking us to the festival with you!

Gayle said...

What a fun festival! It's so cool to see Sunnymama and Sunnyboy here! Love the interknit area!

sunnymama said...

Se'Lah, Thank you so much for the invitation to your Necessary Room, it was an honour and a pleasure. I so enjoyed your recent visit to sunnydaytodaymama and returning the visit was lots of fun. It was almost like you were at the festival on Saturday with us anyway, because I was walking round with Sunnyboy looking for things to photograph and share here (when I wasn't dealing with bouncy castle injuries that is!).

Vchelle, I think I might get a banana phone - the calls would be cheaper too :)

Jacqui said...

What a great festival - thanks for taking us - ours was rained off :( but this has made up for it :) xx

margie said...

we are all honoured to have se'lah as a friend but you too are special to us, sunnyboy brightens up every day.

christina said...

What a cool festival! Thanks for the wonderful tour.
xo

MaryAnne said...

Wonderful photos, thanks for inviting sunnymama and sunnyboy to share their festival!

Cam said...

Now THAT is an awesome festival! I hope to find one equally interesting and with such a fun vibe!

Thanks for letting us tag along!

sue said...

Wonderful pics of what looks like an amazing festival :)
sue xx

ps. what a lovely blog.