I can't see what price they put on me but it betta be expensive. LOL.
Really, quite a while ago I was tagged by Kristin of Hello Sweet World to share 10 things about myself. So, here goes nothing too interesting...which means, you can stop reading right now. ;)
1. I L.O.V.E. JAH, my daughter, hubby, family and friends. I don't use the word "friend" very loosely. Loved ones and time spent together is what life is truly about for me and I cherish those moments as much as I possibly can.
2. I l.o.v.e. BONO, U2, Buju Banton, Midnite and anything Marley. Music is divine. And these ridiculously talented musicians aren't too bad either.
3. I also l.o.v.e. SMOKE (aka Tony Stewart, nascar race car driver), Johnny Depp, Clive Owens, Clark Kent of Smallville (the actor is fine but I love the young superman), and any of the Marley sons. Also great at what they do...yeah, that sounds convincing...and now my imagination has run off again. Oh, the possibilities. So sorry. I digress.
4. I enjoy baking every weekend. My grandmother did it and it's a tradition I try to keep alive. My daughter's friends sent me a message saying that "I'm the best baker, ever!" I am keenly aware that this is just another reverse psychology tactic to get more goodies, but it is still flattering. :)
5. I absolutely enjoy exploring nature, especially with my daughter.
6. I feel others pain and have a need to help others. There go I, but for the grace of JAH. My heart breaks for people who continue to survive in spite of unspeakable human atrocities. I pray for the women and children who live under untenable circumstances in war-torn countries. I would love to live long enough to see life improve for the people of Burma, Darfur, and Tibet. Wouldn't it also be wonderful to eradicate poverty and slavery in all its forms? Yeah, I imagine, pray, and hope.
7. Travelling and sharing the culture of others is fascinating to me. But, I don't like to fly. Makes life interesting.
8. My daughter's former teacher and speech therapist is THE best teacher I have ever met. Since becoming a mother of a school-aged child, I have never seen another teacher direct so much personal attention to the development of children as individuals and not as mere statistics, test-takers, or people needing to be controlled or fixed.
9. My daughter and I created an annual tradition of providing autumn leaves to her old speech therapy class because they are located in a tropical region. Autumn is not a season there. It brings us great joy to hear about how much the children enjoy having a little touch of autumn in their lives.
10. I love water. Let's try to keep it clean. Every man, woman, and child deserves clean water.
And so ends this tag sale.