Monday, January 18, 2010

the moon always follows the sun...



Calm down , little brother,
Time heals all wounds.

No matter how much one is weeping,

The moon always follows the sun.


Eat your bananas and fresh leaves,

And don't cry any more,

Because forever and ever

The moon will follow the sun.
(African proverb - Zaire)

in times of trials and tribulations, i must constantly remind myself to keep looking towards the bright side of life. i never ask the question, "why?" i simply pray about it, and help in any way i can.

today, i prayed and prayed. i cried and meditated. i chanted and burnt candles. i made a prayer flag. then i lit a stick of sandalwood incense i received from a special friend in Maldives, and placed it outside so the soothing scent could be carried away by the wind and perhaps tiptoe through someone's window and hopefully touch their heart. it made me feel so good to give.

*special prayers sent up for my Haitian brothers and sisters. stretching my arms across the ocean to hold your hands.
sending lots of love and positive vibes your way. stay strong my people and remember that the moon will follow the sun. one love.

13 comments:

C.M. Jackson said...

thoughts and prayers..I have added links to my blog regarding Haiti

see below--

http://states-of-mine.blogspot.com/2010/01/one-world.html

Dawn said...

may your prayers and compassion carry over to them on the wind like the scent of incense.....

Tracy said...

Joining you in prayer, hope and love, Se'Lah :o) ((BIG HUGS))

ELK said...

and flowers lift the sagging spirit here..blessings friend

My Castle in Spain said...

i'm teary eyed reading this so beautiful proverb Se'lah...
thank you...and i join you in your prayers...
a big hug to you
Lala

Lisa Johnson said...

I so agree with you Se'Lah. Prayer and looking forward.

n said...

never lose sight of the bright side.

Marilyn Miller said...

Se'Lah,
The words speak to my heart, I am gathering the scent of the sandalwood in my heart. What lovely words to remember "the moon will follow the sun."

Thanks,
Marilyn

iasa said...

beautiful words and a beautiful photograph

christina said...

love~

Unknown said...

Indeed! love and prayers!

Operaton You said...

Beautiful words!

patty said...

love the proverb... love your blog. incredibly. :)