Friday, August 6, 2010

silent moments...


it's the weekend again, my friends.

a little more time to pause and reflect,

and meditate on this thing called life.

giving thanks for each moment.

~ ~ ~

today, our brothers and sisters in Haiti, for example, are still living under conditions we couldn't bear to live in ourselves. i think about the hundreds of millions in relief funds raised on their behalf sitting quite comfortably in bank accounts, and i wonder to myself, can't they see my people need help now?
i can still remember the moment i heard the news that the 7.0 magnitude earthquake had hit the country. it's forever etched in my memory. i'll always remember feeling my soul sink to a depth never before discovered. the thought of 230,000 men, women, and beautiful little children gone in an instant. tens of thousands of beings buried in mass graves. it was all too much to bear - i just couldn't process this kind of reality. so i fasted and i prayed, and helped in any way that i possibly could.
this weekend, i will spend 7 minutes in prayer in honour of the survivors of the Haiti earthquake and all the other sufferars around the world, both near and far. because despite all the disasters and atrocities of men in this world, i know, with all that i am, that love is the only way. (exhale).
one love, always.
have a conscious friday and a divine weekend.

16 comments:

Gail said...

HI

I too will pause for seven minutes and pray for all others - remove myself from this all consuming quest for healing and relief from my own pain and set back and think not of me but of all of them. You are so loving - I feel it everywhere, here.

Love to you
Gail
peace and hope for us all

Joanna Jenkins said...

Oh Se'lah, I am always so inspired when I visit here.
Thank you!
xo jj

Cathi said...

You are a true inspiration! :) xxoo

ELK said...

i will ...pause here and take in each word ...

Birdie said...

you see Se'lah, that's another reason why I find you so beautiful! you do not forget, many did help in ways they could but somehow as the news stops talking about it, they too 'forget'... but not you!
I hope you have a great weekend and yes, I'm with you in being grateful for this opportunity of life ... hugs!

Tracy said...

7 minutes here too... ;o) I like to think of all our 7 minutes as a chain of love lifting up a people... Wishing you love & peace, my friend ((BIG HUGS))

Cathie said...

well said! thank you for the reminder.
happy day my friend

suzanna said...

You are so wonderful. Your people in Haiti are so blessed to have a sister like you. You inspire me!

Operaton You said...

I say in unity with you, "It is so." The power is within each of us and I know the people of Haiti are drawing from that power. Sending love, joy, poise, peace and light to them!

graceonline said...

It is unfathomable that after all this time, the money sent by caring, loving people from all over the world has not been put to use. I haven't seen the latest dollar figure reports on that. (Assuming you have, is there a link we might follow and send to our news media to encourage them to keep this apalling story alive until the money is put to its intended use?) I know only that the scant news reports continue to show thousands living in tents and makeshift shelters, frequently with inadequate water, food and clothing. Unimaginable, given the vast sums raised by governments and NGOs. Haiti continues in my prayers.

Kass said...

Awareness and intention are powerful things.

Tracey said...

much needed funds sitting is beyond me. just like H.Katrina not only w/the funds, but also with housing trailers. they sat until they sank into the mud; i'm sure anyone needing shelter would've gladly occupied them. Prayers to all who are suffering. You are an angel! :-)

Cindy said...

Se'lah, you are a wonderful woman, I will pray with you for seven minutes in prayer. It makes me crazy that money is sitting in an account, One love my friend. Prayers to all whom have endured so much.

Relyn Lawson said...

Such a gorgeous photo, my friend. Gorgeous!

Baracka said...

se'lah once again your picture is beautiful and rich and vibrant with color. i love it...
i will take 7min today to pray pause and reflect for those in need. through your influence i have seen the power in prayer and i believe that prayers are the moste powerful thing people can do for others. god bless you may god give your the strenght courage wisdom and fill you up with love to continue to give hope love and influence to others... god bless you sistah,.... walk in faith

Sharon said...

I did not read this on the day you posted it, but feel that I can do good today by reading it today and acting on it today. I will pray for 7 minutes today for Haiti and others in need.

I am so frustrated by the time it takes for the money to flow to those who need it. For the actual changes to take place and things to get built. Maybe I should add myself to the prayers. Prayers for understanding and patience.