I absolutely and completely enjoy proverbial sayings and the like, especially the West Indian Ones, but I don't discriminate. Read (or translate), decipher, and above all, enjoy.
* Monkey know which tree fi climb:
One knows who to mess with without repercussions
* No put yourself in a barrel when match box can hold you:
Don't pretend to be more important than you are
* Good tings no cheap, cheap tings no good:
Good things aren't cheap and cheap things are not good (so don't cut corners being cheap)
* Want all, lose all:
If one is greedy, one loses everything
* Dog wid narrow arse no swallow bone:
Don't bite off more than you can chew.
* One hand cy'an clap:
One can always benefit from assistance (work with me)
* Rockstone a river bottom don't know sun hot:
If you are in a sheltered situation, you don't know what hardship is
* Wha sweet a goat mouth sour in a arse:
Often things we like are not good for us
* Play wid puppy, puppy lick you mouth:
Familiarity breeds contempt
* No care how boar hog try fi hide under sheep wool, 'im grunt always betray 'im:
Don't care how much disguise someone puts on, their true self will show eventually
To be continued, Se'Lah...
*translated for my sistah ;-)