Monday, February 23, 2009

Rasta Woman Chronicles: Realisations...

1. Every day I must spend time with myself so that I may discard the negative and keep the positive.

2. Every now and again, a lightbulb goes off in my head. Some might call it a "blonde moment" (no discrimination against true or fake blondes intended). Others might call it an "A-HA! moment". But regardless of your political (in)correctness, it would appear that I have a lot of those moments.

3. At one end of the eastern seaboard right now, it is freezing. In order to brave the outside, people must wear thick jackets, scarves, hats, mittens and winter boots. At the other end it is cozy and warm and there are people walking around in tshirts and flip flops.

4. Driving back from Florida last night, I did all I could to ignore the ever-present, uninvited passenger - mr. tension. I focussed on the natural beauty of weather patterns. With every mile we drove, my hubby questioned the wisdom of our recent relocation just a little more (sometimes in complete silence). Understandably, he no longer enjoys living up North during winter after living in subtropical Florida for 7 years. Right on cue, my daughter looked out the window into the dark, snowy night and commented on how lucky she is to be inside a warm car because there are so many homeless people who must be very cold right now. I literally felt my heart melt.

One Love, Se'Lah

3 comments:

Operaton You said...

1. We need to discard negativity every minute of the day, everyday.

2. Those "a-ha" moments come from a place of "knowing," not a place of the mind. Congratulations on keeping in touch with the real you.

3. Isn't our Creator magnificent? If we get the opportunity, we can experience two different climates within a week's time.

4. True words from a beautiful and passionate Being!

Anonymous said...

You know, I have noticed that even though your daughter is so active, that she actually has these deep thoughts about how others feel.

Oh, and LOL about Mr. Tension. I remember cause he can’t sleep if he is unsure about a situation.

G.

Anonymous said...

The wisdom of youth kows...."just be thankful for what you got."

Peace and love,

C from London