Thursday, September 2, 2010

magical jewels...


I spent all day in prayer and meditation.  It's been a while since I've done so, but I felt like I needed to.  And it was felt soooo good.  

I prayed that love would touch the hearts of the people in this world, and that each human being would be treated equally, regardless of race, or colour, or other man-made reasons for discrimination.  

I prayed for those whose unforeseen or unfortunate circumstances threatens the very foundation of their family unit.  

I prayed for those who are interviewing for jobs in this tough economic climate.  fingers crossed ;)

I prayed for the survivors of domestic violence and sexual abuse.  i hear your cry, and hold your hands, especially when night falls to depths unimaginable.

I prayed for children in "institutions of learning" - and hope that true education will reign over personal and political agendas.

I prayed ...and I meditated.  and I then prayed some more.  

I was interrupted only by the ring of the doorbell.  It was the mailman, delivering magical jewels.  a new set of mala prayer beads in the midst of prayer?  could this be a sign?  I ran my fingers over them and felt the love that had gone into making them.  Overwhelmed by emotion, I slowly put them on, and continued to pray.

~ ~ ~

My heart skips a beat each time I read about how the *gift of jewels* has touched your life.  While jewels continue to arrive in your mailboxes, I thought I'd share with you that Empress Christina of Soul Aperture has signed up for a photography e-class hosted by her jewel partner, Shelagh of Alice in Paris loves Art and Tea, and they have a spot in the class to giveaway to one of you!!!  Registration will remain open until next Friday, September 10, 2010 (my New Years Eve!!!)  Please click here to enter the giveaway.

one love.


17 comments:

Chris said...

I imagined and probably know some of the people mentioned, in a round about way, in this post! Your words are beautiful, thoughtful and kind . . . just like you! I LOVE the photo of these beads!!! It is gorgeous! You've got the eye!

Anyes said...

Thank you for your prayers

Lisa Johnson said...

That is amazing! You have some powerful prayers my friend.

And for me who's always considered my birthday, September 11th, my own personal New Year, it's nice to see it take a much larger and more positive significance in the world.

Cindy said...

prayers are always heard my friend, your heart speaks volumes to others, you are a dear one, I think the beads are a sign. hugs to you.

Gayle said...

I think prayer beads arriving on your day of prayer was definitely a sign!

Baracka said...

i beleive prayer is powerful, more powerful then we imagine. bless you....

Marilyn Miller said...

Your prayer is amazing! Can I take it as mine too? I love it.

christina said...

thank you for the prayers for all. im filled with tears...
happy tears of hope.
xo

SE'LAH... said...

Marilyn, go right ahead. More prayers could never hurt ;)

thinking of you all.

aliceinparis said...

Thank you. Prayers heal. xo

Wanda said...

Thank you, dear one. One Love.

Tracy said...

Your way of praying is similar to my own... I should not be surprised. While in the midst or prayer a gift for prayer arrives... that is magical and fully of meaning, I think. GORGEOUS beads photo. ;o) I take time to pray every day--prayer is a small gift of hope to the world, to the people. :o) Happy Weekend, my friend ((LOVE & HUGS))

margie said...

and last night i dreamt of you.

Connie said...

Such a beautiful and lovely gift! The Universe always grants us wonderful jewels when most needed :)

I have received my lovely gift as well. I am overwhelmed with joy and love. Thank you again for making this exchange possible!

http://fogle143.blogspot.com/2010/09/gift-of-jewels-gift-of-friends-part-ii.html

Joanna Jenkins said...

A day of prayer. How wonderful is that!

I'm still watching my mailbox for my jewels. I just love this idea. Thanks again for making it happen.

xo jj

Anonymous said...

Wow. Amazing.

Operaton You said...

I stand in prayer with you my sistafriend! All is well!