Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back to centre...

Recently, I have noticed that the news channels have inundated the airwaves and every media outlet with incessant discussion of the negative aspects of the economy. Some of the time, I try to listen to it but I soon realise that it's the same thing over and over, and over, and over again. Instead of reporting "news", it's a promotion of an environment of fear in a competition for ratings. Meanwhile, there are human beings suffering day after day. People are losing their jobs, homes, health insurance, lives.

Every day, as I take a moment to come back to centre, I can't help but feel for those less fortunate. It breaks my heart to think of their suffering and how little is being done on their behalf to make their situations better.

*Please have a listen to Peter Tosh: Fools Die


*I leave you for now with this awesome article I read on Operation You blog: Don't Worry, Be Happy.

One Love, Se'Lah

1 comment:

Operaton You said...

I've been thinking about how the media has inundated the airwaves about how badly people and companies are doing. The only offer of hope they give us is to announce and have their cameras at job fairs. Hope, success and perseverance comes from within. I, too, feel badly about so many of us that are struggling to eat, feed our kids, and just struggling to hold onto our basic needs. But, as Peter Tosh says: We must listen to the lips of the righteous to teach us all. We all can exercise our title of righteousness. We have the power to rise above all by staying calm and in the present moment because this is where our strength lies! As always, thank you for acknowledging and bringing awareness to our struggle.