Friday, September 18, 2009

who i see (sooc)...

grandparents day 2009. my daughter pays her 95 year old great-grandmother a visit. she brings her very own groovy girl doll. grandma doesn't want to accept it...she doesn't want to take away the child's doll. but my daughter insists. so grandma accepts. as usual, grandma exclaims, "it's not a doll. it's a pretty little girl" and gives her pretty little groovy girl a most welcoming hug.















grandma takes a moment to stop and smell the flowers my daughter hand picked for her from the garden.













time will not erase the child inside. grandma tries on her bottle cap ring. here comes the bride.













grandma is happy. she is not forgotten. she tells hubby that our daughter is the only grandchild who gives her gran-gran anything. celebrating great-grandmothers.

the end.

*for more, please visit lens.us.together.

13 comments:

christina said...

this has brought me to tears. she is so beautiful, surrounded in the light of wisdom and life.
her hands... her sweet hands.
xoxo

Tracy said...

Gran-Gran is lovely...how happy she looks with her bunch of flowers and bottle cap ring--the simple things are the best gifts. Like love. :o) Happy weekend to you all ((HUGS))

Operaton You said...

She looks like a wise princess with her flowers.. The joy she must feels!!! I love these photos, especially the one with her holding her doll.... Absolutely beautiful!!!

Wanda said...

Gran-Gran has beautiful hands.

Bless your daughter. How generous!

Bless Gran-Gran.

Bless you and your husband.

Love. Period.

Christine--RHP said...

heading to Chi town in a few weeks to visit my 95 year old gran...with my boy--will take pix.

Suvarna said...

Amen! I wish we lived nearer my son's grandmothers, i feel he is missing so much.

Sherry said...

Oh how lovely. Grandparents are the staff of life. ♥

Cam said...

Her hands are so lovely, Se'Lah!!

I miss my grandmother's hands...

She always had her nails painted so beautifully and the prettiest shade of pink we have since dubbed 'Grandma Pink' because it takes two different polishes to get there!

Cherish those moments, little one.
You are part of her legacy.

Marilyn Miller said...

Your grandmother is just beautiful! I love her expressions and delight in the gifts.

Gayle said...

Oh, Se'Lah, this is such a beautiful post! What a sweet gran-gran!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I love these photos :)

julochka said...

awww, that's the sweetest story i've read today!!

Puna said...

Your grandmother is beautiful!