Tuesday, November 24, 2009

happy harvest...

I have very fond childhood memories of the harvest season. As a cultural tradition, we would bring our best crops to church where they were displayed until the day of the Bazaar. Bazaars are charity sales but as any self-respecting Caribbean island would have it, there'd also be food, drinks, the best in local products and preserves, loud music and games. we be jammin' ;)

Harvest season was always a time of celebration and thankfulness. Thankful for the richness of soil. Seeds to sew. Hot, sunshiny days. Strength to carry on. And even the rainy days which watered the plants to ultimately bring us to that moment. We gave thanks and celebrated life.

Today, I give thanks to all of you who have stuck with me through one year of blogging. A most sincere *thank you*. I have been truly blessed with the most amazing friends in blogland. Please know that you are greatly appreciated.

Wishing you all a happy harvest.

One Love.

18 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

Blessings on you and your family this Thanksgiving season.

christina said...

Happy Anniversary! I send you love and wishes for another full year.
xo

kath said...

You rock.
xo

ELK said...

and your harvest has been so meaningful to me this past year...blessings my firend!

Operaton You said...

Harvest season sounds like a blast!! I can see myself there jammin' right along with you my sistahfriend! Congratulations on making blogland a extraordinary place to excape and share the real essence of you are! It shows that you are an intellilgent, giving, loving, conscious beautiful sistah and I'm glad I get to experience you in your entirety!

Thank you Presence for my friend. I'm so loving you, Se'Lah and oh, I really appreciate you!

BK said...

Happy Harvest and Happy One year of blogging.

margie said...

some of us celebrate the fact that in one short year we were able to not just meet you but love you. xo

Tracy said...

Happy Blogiversary, Se'Lah! Here's to many more years in blogland... Happy Harvest, Happy Days, my friend... be jammin' wi' you ;o) Love you... ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

happy harvest and happy anniversary! my love to you and your family!

Connie said...

Happy Everything! Such a lovely place to visit...all the best for the next year.

Wanda said...

I'm sorry I haven't been by...I haven't been getting the notifications that you have been posting. I am going to fix that feed. Happy harvest, happy Thanksgiving, happy time with family and friends.

huggage

Kim Mailhot said...

Happy anniversary and happy harvest, lovely Se'lah. Enjoy the celebration of gratitude !

Shell said...

Happy blogversary and Happy Thanksgiving, Se'lah.

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, the picture of that washing machine makes me so happy! Plus, I love reading about your childhood. Thank you for sharing your reminiscences.

Sherry said...

Wishing you a most blessed and happy harvest!

I've missed you -- been MIA too long with too much going on. I'll send you a message tomorrow!! ♥

Lisa Johnson said...

Congratulations on one year! I'm so glad that I found you! And a happy harvest too! : )

Unknown said...

We too are thankful for you! I also love those old washers! But am so glad to not have to use one now!

sunnymama said...

Great post! Congratulations on a year of blogging and I'm so happy our blog paths crossed. :)