Sunday, March 1, 2009

Let's go racin' boys...



So it is my favourite day of the week once again...race day. I haven't felt butterflies like this since the days when I was bent over in blocks, my fingers feeling the plushiness of the track searching for that momentary comfort, waiting for the sound of the starting gun.

Each week, I come to this place. I tingle inside as I wait to hear the most famous words in motorsports: "Gentlemen, start your engines!" And then, the engines rumble like a jet engine revving up for take off and I am ready once again for the thrill ride. Yes, I *love* NASCAR.

Although my hubby may not fully appreciate my vice, he is rewarded every race day by me personally...it's sort of a blatant bribe to leave me alone during my race, unless he is commenting positively on the race. Let's just say it's a mutually beneficial arrangement. This week he will be enjoying a new version of vegetarian chili. Mama always said, the easiest way to a man's heart is through his belly.

Gotta go now because the green flag is about to drop in a few.

GO

SMOKE

!!!




*Race Update: So...Smoke didn't win...but my other favourite driver, Wild Thing/Rowdy Busch, pulled another rabbit out of his arse...qualified on the pole (1st place), started last place due to engine change on his car, and won in front of his hometown. He becomes the first driver to win the pole and go on to win the race at Las Vegas, not even taking into account the fact that he actually started from the rear of the field.

1 comment:

Operaton You said...

I can't find the excitement for NASCAR but I love to hear your excitement about it and love to hear what makes you "feel" inside!